Friday, April 9, 2010

Near death...

Well, as I encountered what felt like the threshold of death, I was thinking: will I be scared when I actually face death face to face?
Right now, I joke and say that I can't wait. But will that be the case? Will my faith prove strong in that moment? I think so. I have faced many scary things in my life but the power of God always wins the battle.
Jesus promised that. He promised that he would be with us always. Fear isn't always the sign of a lack of faith. 
I think back to when Jessica was little. We would ride the 4-wheeler out in the woods and there was this one tall stump, maybe 5 feet tall. I would stand her up on it and she would jump into my arms. I could see the fear in her little eyes, but she jumped. She had faith in me.
I'm pretty sure that God is much more deserving of my trust than I ever could be, even for my own child.
Maybe I do look look forward to jumping out of this world into His arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment