Friday, July 2, 2010

Storms

I need to start out by quoting Joshua 1:9: "This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
There we have direction from the Lord. In fact, a command. There are no exceptions mentioned. Basically, we are to trust God...ALWAYS. And not just trust Him, but be strong in the process.
I think my communication process with God is the biggest contributing factor to the equation of courage. When I am constantly, intentionally in His presence, I am more apt to be courageous. When I spend time in real conversation with God.
That involves the way I approach his word. How I read it, if I gloss over words or if I read listening for God's small voice. It beckons response from me. I tell Him what hurts, I tell Him what's cool, I talk to my dad.
He loves me like none other, in storms and in good times.
It seems that I try to avoid storms. Crazy thing, when I look back at my life experiences, I know that the storms bring tremendous growth. The storms are the richest times. The trials are proving grounds for the relationships in my life. The storms reveal who the people are that understand what and who the church is; the people who desire to be Jesus.
The storms can be wet and cold and scary. The wind can blow so hard that I have difficulty hearing God's voice. I am often reminded that I need to constantly listen to God's voice so that I know it, that I recognize His voice when the winds blow. When I don't recognize His voice, it seems hopeless.
God's voice whispers hope.
Can you hear the whisper?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment