Monday, February 15, 2010

Imagine

Fireplace is crackling in the background, just prayed for my son before he went to bed. Theresa hit the hay about an hour ago and Jess is snuggled away in her apartment. My sleep patterns are messed up. I sleep well about every third night and tonight isn't that night. So I took a couple OTC sleeping pills that have made me a little drowsy, which helps an ADHD guy like me focus enough to write.
God is good, all the time. Even when those terrible things happen. I've lived long enough to trust him in tragedy, I've seen "things work together for good". 
On occasions like this, I feel his presence in that still, small voice kind of way. It's very comforting to know that He reigns while I sleep and He protects me to the degree that He is glorified. I'm still on the brink of grasping that. 
Jeremiah and I discussed heaven the other night and came to the conclusion that we can't fully comprehend it, He doesn't want us to. He wants us to listen to the soothing voice of His spirit and imagine... 
I can only imagine. What it will be like, when we walk by His side. Will I stand in is presence or to my knees will I fall, I can only imagine.
And anxiously await the day.
Come quickly Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment