Saturday, January 30, 2010

People

I wonder, am I sensitive to the needs of people? I struggle with being sensitive to their feelings, as in, I say stuff that comes out wrong. But do I see their needs? 
Jesus was hyper-sensitive to those needs. It's thick in the Gospels. Health needs- He healed the sick and lame, daily needs- He fed the crowds and paid taxes, leadership needs- He taught classes on prayer and giving and exhortation, spiritual needs- He forgave sin. 
Then there's the example of Paul. Much of the same. Especially the leadership side. He taught how to be a pastor, "It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
So I guess the question I am asking myself is, "Am I looking at people and thinking, What can I do to help them serve to build the church?"
I'm in over my head! Praise God, He showed that I'm inadequate :P

No comments:

Post a Comment