Friday, March 5, 2010

Mighty

As I've been preparing to speak on David's Mighty Men, I've given much thought to "mightiness". As a follower of Christ, the world is backwards compared to The Kingdom of God. What made Jashobeam, Eleazar and Shammah so noteworthy as being mighty? Was it their amazing battle records? Was it David, their leader? 
I think the that their base strength came from their dedication to the Lord. That fleshed itself out in their actions. Much like Paul's instruction to the Roman church: Don't be conformed to this world. Think differently, think the way God thinks and that will change how you act. Nonconformity will make you a mighty warrior. That will make you wrestle in prayer as Epaphrasis did for the Colossians. When I'm wrestling for people and factor myself out of the equation, God's will becomes clearer. Wow, sounds just like Romans 12:2. Crazy how God is true to His word. As I wrestle in prayer for people that I love, their future places in ministry, their health, their salvation God speaks to me and it's REALLY cool. 
So I have to ask myself, why don't I reserve more time in my "busy schedule" for wrestling, the very connection to God's might? A primary goal for my life, wrestling. 
God give me the guts to wrestle as Jacob wrestled, seeking your blessing in the form of guidance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment