Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Challenged

I love teenagers. They challenge me. In this shift of positions, I must continue to be involved, to some degree, with these amazing people.
They have enthusiasm for the Lord that acts out. Often criticized for acting out in other ways, this whole dynamic works through their spiritual walk. They say what they believe. They put themselves out there. They are an encouragement to me.
This week I recieved a message from this little girl who had been deeply moved by a video. She caught a glimpse of God's heart toward the lost. She told me that it made her sick to her stomach to think that people were bound for hell.
Sometimes I become calloused toward those that have not accepted Christ as Lord. It's their decision, right? I mean I've preached the Word and they chose not to respond.
Jude 1:22-23 gives some perspective: "...you must show mercy to those whose faith is wavering. Rescue others by snatching them from the flames of judgment. Show mercy to still others, but do so with great caution, hating the sins that contaminate their lives."

How badly I need to be sick to my stomach... Thanks TL for showing me the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment