Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Look

489 at Saw You At the Pole! It looked amazing. The Spirit of God was among us. Students were in God's presence, praising Him. Robb brought the Word, man did he bring it. I've heard several sermons with Josiah at the center but Robb took a new angle for me, at least.
Josiah was first introduced to God's character by looking at another person, David. Josiah didn't have the written Word, just example. Then Robb issued a "kick in the gut" challenge: do people experience God's personality through you?" Man, I hope...do they?...when I drive, when I'm waiting in line, when I'm upset...Lord, forgive my weakness. Make me look like You.
I remember watching the Dallas Cowboys play back in the 80's. The offensive line moved into position in an orchestrated, almost military fashion. It was impressive to watch. Back then, they were serious contenders most of the time. It was cool to watch. They had the look.
Last night we looked good. We might have even looked better than the 1985 Cowboys offensive line. But how do we look today? How will we look tomorrow? Will the "spectators" see Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment