Monday, September 21, 2009

Living IN God's presence

God indicated in 2 Chronicles 7:14 that if we seek to be in His presence that He would bless us. Now those blessings can come alot of ways. They could be material, emotional, spiritual whatever. My take as to what a blessing is comes from my relationship with God. the closer I am, the more I can see the blessing. When I'm far away, I become selfish and usual look for the material stuff. Shallow.
I'm entering into this season of study with a friend. We both need to get close and live in God's presence. My life is always better when I'm there. Theresa nad I get along better, I treat the kids better. I think Scooter even benefits.
It's a choice. I've heard people pray for God to come near, the reality is that He's always near. We move away. It is I that needs to do the moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment