Thursday, December 3, 2009

Campers, People, God

After seeing the weather forecast, I realized that I should probably winterize my camper. This realization happened at 8:00 PM so there I was, 23 degrees, at 9:00 doing something that I should've done weeks ago. One of the lines was already frozen so it required thawing and it was a huge pain.
I think that we do those sorts of things all the time in situations that can have far worse repercussions.
We put off seeing people until they are sick or far away. We then scramble to try to make up for lost time and it is almost never easy.
We put off cultivating out relationship with Christ until we have looming problems. Then "the pipes are frozen."
Funny, how God uses crazy things like cold weather to refocus me on people whom I love and His "still, small voice" but for these reminders, I am thankful that He pursues me.

No comments:

Post a Comment