Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Legos

Wow, 6 weeks since I've posted. I'm not really that busy, I just haven't made the time.
Because of my new position, I've been reading a lot about different methods of church growth.
I believe that God has ordained church growth. When people experience God in a real or new way, they tell others. The church grows. When there are no face to face experiences, the church stagnates and I know, according to Rev 3, God doesn't do stagnation.
Today, I read an analogy of our culture that seemed very accurate. People are like legos. They only have so many pegs to attach to. This applies to relationships among other things. A person can really only accommodate so many relationships at a time.
One of the keys to church growth is to find that open peg on their lego. To help people attach to one another. It doesn't matter what the contraption looks like that is built. Much like a parent, God sees beauty in all that we build when we build it for Him.
Building a lego church...maybe I should write a church growth book. or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment